July 1, 2015

JUNE | WHAT I LEARNED

January, February, March and April could best be described with goals and progress and action. Then in May I felt the most challenged and restless and worn down. Thankfully June came with just the smallest bit of light to shine in through encouragement, God's Word, and prayer and it was just what I needed to recharge and rest.

A few things I learned in June...

WE LIKE TO SNORKEL
We enjoyed lots of snorkeling on our anniversary trip to St. Croix.  We missed intro to snorkeling, so it started off comical and frustrating to say the least, but thankfully a pro at the resort drew us a map in the sand to help us find the reef safely and gave us some helpful pointers.  It was exhilarating and relaxing and slightly terrifying.  It was amazing to see God's creativity and precision in sea fans, coral reef, tropical fish, one tiny colorful squid, sharks (thankfully they seemed far away and I was near the boat when Brian pointed them out), sting rays (not a fan), and a lone barracuda.  I felt a fresh sense of fear and wonder with my glimpse into one tiny part of God's vast oceans. 



ISLAND TIME IS FOR REAL
We soon discovered island time = no rush/no hurry.  It took me a few days to really adjust and relax. As if to celebrate my new found island time attitude,  I spent at least an hour solving a crossword puzzle.  I worked on that crossword puzzle like it was my job (full disclosure with a lot of help from the internet). According to our crossword sources, the New York Times is not your beginners crossword puzzle.



BRIAN REMINDS ME OF WHAT I LIKE
I was convinced I might not like a real watercolor class, it might be a waste of time, I might have to paint a tropical bird, etc.  Brian reminded me (because he knows and loves me well) that I should just go for it because it sounded like my kind of thing and a watercolor artist probably knew a thing or two I could learn.  It was actually so good to try something new.   I learned about different watercolor techniques and my seasoned artist/instructor was nice and encouraging.  



ANYTHING IS A BOLD PRAYER
"God, we will do anything.  Anything." -Jennie Allen
I learned about a prayer of faith and surrender to the anythings in life that God may call us to do or live out.
"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time" -Oswald Chambers
 
You can read previous posts of What I Learned |    March    |    April   |   May    | 
Linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments!

Search