April 16, 2012

MondaySunday Recap: Proverbs Pt. 5


MondaySunday Recap: Proverbs Pt. 5

My husband wrapped up the Proverbs series with an awesome message from one of my favorite memory verses.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
It's hard to read these verses without the melody of a middle school VBS song playing in my head..."and he will make your paaaaa-ths....straight!" Basically in sing-song.

Brian reminded us to trust in the Lord because the Lord is trustworthy.  He also described the heart as the center of our mind and emotions.  We are instructed to trust God with ALL of our heart.

And my favorite part was when Brian gave an example of leaning on the wisdom of God instead of trusting our own understanding.   He made a great point that it should make more sense to lean on
the understanding of a perfect, Creator, sustainer, all-knowing God than to lean our own understanding.

I thought of things I'm guilty of leaning on instead of God...
...the understanding of others,
...the understanding of Hannah,
...the understanding of what people think,
...the understanding of the world,
...the understanding of what is comfortable,
...the understanding of expectations.
I'm sure that's just me, but maybe you can relate. Anyone?

I was also reminded of how much I love that God's word can speak a fresh perspective into my life.  In college I really grew to love that God's plans are truly best for my life.  Plain and simple. God plans are greater than my plans!  It is always best for us to cling to Jesus and to lean on His wisdom and truth.

You can watch the sermon online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments!

Search