March 27, 2012

Mexican Crockpot Chicken

Here's my Joe T. Garcia's inspired mexican slow cooker chicken recipe! It's 4 out of 4 people approved. (Jess, Joe, Brian, and Me!) It is super easy and yummy!  And perfect for my hard-working friends that need an easy prep kind of meal!  
This easy shreddable chicken can be used in so many ways...tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, nachos, tortilla soup....don't forget to grab some tortillas, chips & salsa, guacamole, monterey jack and cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro and lime.  I think our chicken multiplied when I added it to the slow cooker because we spread it out over multiple meals of tacos and quesadillas (an awesome portable lunch on the go)! 

Here's one way to use it in quesadillas...
 Add a little butter or olive oil to a medium/medium high skillet.  
Top one tortilla with cheese (monterey jack/cheddar), chicken, and desired veggies.
Allow the cheese to melt before topping with another tortilla (this will keep you from throwing all your ingredients out of your "quasadilla" --- like N. Dynamite's grandma might call it).
  Flip it over and allow the other side to become golden brown!
 Slice and prepare for delicious-ness.
I ate my late night post-work day quesadilla with homemade salsa and guacamole! 
Enjoy this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'm such a big fan of the crockpot! There's nothing like walking in the door to the smell of delicious supper, ready and waiting! Thanks for sharing this! I'm gonna try it soon!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments!

Search