March 30, 2012

DALLAS BRUNCH | SMOKE

On my first visit to SMOKE in Dallas, TX for brunch with friends, I got a classic brisket sandwich. 
Maybe it was the aroma that greeted us when we entered,
the fact that I feel obligated to eat something smoked at a restaurant named SMOKE,
or that I read that Chef Tim Byres uses coffee in his recipe
...and coffee is never a bad thing.


I also sampled Kerri's cheese grits...


...and Jess's light and fluffy homemade ricotta heavy-handed lemon blueberry pancakes 
with apricots and cream.  Because it's just what good friends do.


I think it looks and feels like SMOKE has a little bit of the eclectic Austin vibe in the big D.


But better than all the fun details and yummy food,
 I got to meet this precious little guy and visit with friends on a rainy Saturday!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments!

Search