November 3, 2011

Date Night: Switchfoot & Salsa


Last month, we went to Dallas for a nice Monday night Switchfoot rock show.  The last time we saw Switchfoot was on a date at Louisiana Tech during our freshmen year of college.  

I left feeling inspired by the songs of hope, joy, perseverance, and truth.  The new Vice Verses album was on replay for our drive home.  

   
this was soon after i had a starstruck moment sighting of tim foreman across the street
jon foreman singing his little heart out and an excerpt from one of my new fav songs.

i found a live video of it here...


This body's not my own
This world is not my own
But I still can hear the sound
Of my heart beating out

And on the final day I die
I want to hold my head up high
I want to tell You that I tried
To live it like a song

And when I reach the other side
I want to look You in the eye
And know that I've arrived 
In a world where I belong

from 'Where I Belong' 
Switchfoot

We ate at Luna De Noche in walking distance to House of Blues.   We both tried different house enchiladas.  I especially enjoyed the spicy salsa (or 'hot sauce' as Texans like to call it)  A few weeks ago I tried out the PW's salsa recipe. It was Brian Crain approved because I'm pretty sure he took out the whole batch in a day.  My only adjustments...more garlic and jalapeno next time!
the food processor doing it's thing!
fresh salsa just needs the perfect chips and a friend named queso (white queso not velvetta people)
this is a mixture of monterey jack cheese, half and half, and green chiles 
none of that orange queso in here! almost as good as chile verde! 
we had quite the mexican street taco feast for two using leftover pot roast 
what a handsome hubs :) 
Recipes:
Ingredients

  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • 1/2 whole Lime Juice
Instructions: Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse all the ingredients.  Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
  • Queso Blanco (...white cheese dip)


  • Ingredients
      • 4 to 8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
      • small can of green chiles 
      • pinch of cumin 
      • half-and-half dairy  

    Instructions: Melt ingredients over a double boiler, adding half and half to reach desired consistency!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    thanks for your comments!

    Search