March 20, 2012

MondaySunday Recap: Proverbs

Proverbs Part 2:
What We Say Matters

"Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin." Prov 13:3

Brian walked us through a lot of great verses pertaining to the power of our words.  He organized the sermon into two cleverly alliterated parts: Ways Our Words Can Wreck Our Witness and Ways Our Words Can Work Wonders.

One of my favorite quotes from the sermon is. "We should be careful that our tone/words communicate the joy and self-control we have in Christ."  

My favorite part of the sermon was about the ways our words can work wonders. Encouraging cards, text messages, conversations---words fitly spoken at the right time to the right person (led by the Spirit at work in our life!)   Brian used an example of a time when I encouraged him last week.  I can truthfully say that there are countless times that my husband encourages me and says the right thing at the right time, just when I need to hear it! (Oh and for that I'm so thankful!)

Also I love how Brian said that with our words we can speak potential into someone, so that they might want to walk in that encouragement.  Potential is seeing something in someone that they might not even know is in them --- and God can use it for His glory!  The potential spoke into my life by Brian and a ton of great spiritual mentors/influencers from college has made such a huge difference in my life as I walk day to day with the Lord taking on challenges and new experiences.

I thought you might enjoy reading these powerful verses from the sermon...(click on the picture below for a better view)


And don't forget you can check out the website to watch the sermon here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Proverbs series is going well! I'm a big believer in the power of words - good reminder to use them to bless and build! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments!

Search