December 1, 2011

Hello December.

December, nice to see you again.  I can't believe Christmas is only 24 days away.  This year Jess and I photographed each other's little fam for our Christmas cards.  Can't wait to see and share the final products soon!  Wednesday night after church, I cooked us (Handys and Crains) some Chicken Cordon Bleu with homemade mac and cheese.  My dad and I sometimes eat the easy microwave version but this is a little upgrade.  Thought I'd share the simple recipe.  I just used what I had on hand, but you can always get creative and add different ingredients or toppings!  

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts (I used 4 thinly sliced boneless skinless)
Deli Ham (I used honey ham)
Baby Swiss Cheese

Seasoning:
Salt and Pepper
Paprika
Garlic Powder

Breading:
Flour 
~2 cups Italian bread crumbs (or toasted bread pulsed in the food processor into crumbs)
~1/4 c. shredded Parmeasan cheese
2 eggs 
1/4 c. milk

How to:
Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees.  In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and shredded Parm cheese. In another bowl whisk two eggs and milk together.  Set aside.  Using a sharp knife, carefully make a little pocket in each chicken breast.  It's okay if you have unperfect pockets!  Sprinkle all sides with s&p, garlic powder, paprika.  Add a slice of baby swiss and ham into each little chicken pocket.  Holding the pocket together, dust in flour, then dip into egg/milk mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs.  Place into baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.   For some reason the "pinkness" of the ham can trick you b/c it makes the chicken appear pink too.  I always check mine with a meat thermometer (165 degrees), just in case! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments!

Search